Nature has always been the best source of medicine and hides different plants that can surely improve your overall health. Today we’re going to talk about the incredible benefits of sage, a plant that has been used as a natural remedy for circulatory problems for centuries.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SAGE
Sage is beneficial for both genders, but it has an impressive list of benefits for the feminine health. Here are some of the main health benefits of the plant:
- The plant is a great natural way of fighting anemia;
- Sage can treat most digestive problems including diarrhea;
- The plant can relieve fatigue and depression;
- Drinking sage tea regularly will prevent a variety of ailments related to the central nervous system;
- Sage tea has been used as a natural remedy against teeth and gum problems for a long time;
- The plant can prevent excessive sweating;
- Gargling sage tea can treat gingivitis and pharyngitis as well;
- Sage tea can easily treat oral ulcers;
- The plant has powerful astringent properties which means that it can accelerate the healing of minor wounds and reduce the amount of oil in your skin;
- The tea can relieve urinary tract infections and problems such as cystitis;
- Sage tea can regulate your blood sugar levels and treat and prevent diabetes;
- The plant is great for your digestion and can relieve a number of digestive problems;
- Women have been using sage tea to reduce menopausal symptoms, morning sickness as well as shortness of breath
Here are a few sage natural remedies which can treat different health problems:
SAGE REMEDY AGAINST EXCESSIVE SWEATING
Soak 50-70 gr. of dry sage leaves in ½ a liter of alcohol for a week, shaking the jar occasionally every day. After 7 days, strain the mixture and pour the fluid in a small bottle, then take 50 drops of the remedy every morning to reduce your excess sweating.
DIGESTIVE TONIC AND WOUND HEALER
Mix 3 teaspoons of dry sage leaves with 3 cups of warm water, then leave the mixture on room temperature for a few hours. Drink a cup of the mixture every day to accelerate the healing of your wounds and treat various digestive problems.
SAGE TEA AGAINST SORE THROAT AND RECEDING GUMS
If you’re suffering from receding gums or sore throat, all you need to do is gargle a bit of sage tea 3 times a day for a few days. The plant has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which will destroy the bacteria in your mouth and throat and relieve both problems quickly.
SAGE TEA AGAINST DIGESTIVE, GYNECOLOGICAL AND NERVOUS CENTER PROBLEMS
Add 4 gr. of dried sage in a cup of warm water, then leave the tea for a few minutes and drink it. This powerful remedy can treat almost all problems related to the nervous, gynecological and digestive system.
SAGE BATH AGAINST RHEUMATISM AND PARALYSIS
Sage is one of the most effective natural remedies against inflammatory conditions and paralysis. Add 2 handfuls of dried sage in 2 liters of boiled water, then simmer the mixture on low heat for 15 minutes before leaving it to cool down. In the meantime, fill your tub with warm water, then add the sage tea and soak in the solution 2-3 times a week for best results. The bath will reduce the inflammation in your body and treat rheumatism, arthritis, gout and even paralysis.
SAGE REMEDY AGAINST MINOR CUTS AND WOUNDS
Mix a bit of honey with a cup of sage tea, then apply the mixture on your cuts and wounds to accelerate the healing process.
AN ANTIFUNGAL REMEDY
The plant is a powerful antifungal agent that can treat any kind of fungal infection effectively. Simple rub a bit of sage tea on the affected area a couple times a day to relieve the infection quickly.
As you can see, sage offers numerous health benefits and is a great alternative to prescription and over-the-counter medications. It’s cheap and easy to find, and will provide great results if you give it some time. However, consuming sage tea frequently is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women, as the tea might induce abortion and reduce the production of breast milk. If you’re not pregnant or lactating, you can safely use the tea as a natural remedy against the aforementioned health problems.